We truly believe that you should pay for a quote on your project and here is why.
We are as excited about your project as you!
Your Architect/Draftsman may have told you what your plans cost, please bear in mind they do not build homes/extensions on a daily basis and are not quantity estimators.
We believe a 3rd party estimator who is not biased to either the client or the builder is the best form of a true estimate on your preconceived plans.
A true even ground to build upon!
Typically there are two roads to go down when trying to attach a builder to your project.
1- Pay for a quote
2- Free Quotes
Why should I pay for a quote when other builders quote for free?
Our team at Elliott Building Group always puts the highest level of effort, quality and attention to detail into everything we do, including quoting construction projects through our comprehensive building proposals.
We provide a personalised, transparent service with our building proposals that gives you confidence and certainty that your project will be completed to the highest of standards, on time and on budget.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN ELLIOTT BUILDING GROUP’S QUOTING PROCESS?
When building a custom home, it requires a one off detailed quote that is tailored to your one of a kind home. Your custom home is not like a project home that is replicated hundreds of times nor should it be approached the same way.
Depending on what stage of planning you’re at and what documentation you have obtained will determine the remaining steps of the pre-construction and quoting process and how Elliott Building Group can assist. Have you already obtained plans from an architect, engineering, interior design, surveying etc for Elliott Building Group to price? Depending on the construction documentation you have, will depend on where we go and the cost associated.
When building a custom home, it requires a one off detailed quote that is tailored to your one of a kind home.
- Analysis of plans, existing plans and construction documentation
- Site visit to meet with clients; this meeting will discuss the details, requirements timeframes, constraints if applicable, budget and assess the environment
- Budget and project feasibility; this includes organising approximate costings for the “project total” so you can work out your actual build cost
- Consult with the relevant professionals and develop construction documents as required; An Architect, Engineer, Interior Designer and Certifier will be consulted at this time
- Begin the quoting process:
- Contact relevant trades & material suppliers for their pricing, negotiating accordingly
- Develop timeline of events to understand project duration
- Quantify expected hours on job, labour costs and assess insurance requirements
- Provide a fully detailed Building Proposal
- Refine the inclusions and exclusions to ensure the end product matches your vision and budget
- Provide comprehensive construction details; this will include a project price, detailed scope, scheduled start date, timeline of events and progress payment schedule
- On acceptance, produce a Housing Industry Australia approved Fixed Price Contract
We will have the above deliverables provided to you in a timely manner & will maintain communication if there are disruptions at any stage of the process. Our proposals are detailed and transparent and whenever possible we will come to your home or to present the final price and go through all the costs in detail.
In addition, when you pay for a quote from Elliott Building Group, the quote then belongs to you. We encourage you to source other quotes and invite you to compare us (our service, our past projects & resulting testimonials, our approach and our price) with other builders.
WHY DOES ELLIOTT BUILDING GROUP CHARGE TO PROVIDE A DETAILED PROPOSAL?
As you can appreciate, there is a significant amount of time, effort & expense that goes into preparation of a detailed building proposal specific to your custom home project.
To provide this high level of service, we require payment of a nominal fee, which includes a consultation to review and answer any questions you may have. It is worth highlighting that this fee will be deducted from the final construction contract price if you choose to build with Elliott Building Group.
The fee we charge you will be dependent on the estimated length and complexity of the job. For example, a small renovation project could cost around $800. An architecturally designed home with plans supplied would generally cost around $2500.
How come other builders provide free quotes?
Quoting projects can take upwards of 4-5 days solid. Many phone calls to suppliers and contractors working out the best way to build the project, the best most cost effective way to give the client the best finish. When a free quote is provided by most builders they are working within their business and they are time poor. In this instance the quote is reflected in that manner. Budget estimating, missing vital fine details and can take in excess of 2-3 months to quote and may not even quote at all. If the client receives a quote usually the quote is void of many inclusions and will result in variations at point of build. All this does is give the industry a bad name. Builders who expect a client to pay through the teeth with variations, time blow outs and shonky finishes. We have seen it time and time again. I’m sure you know someone with this very story.
Don’t be like everyone else!
Elliott Building Group will provide a quote with all inclusions in a timely manner, with a 3rd party estimator. No Variations unless you request it! Someone who has no investment in the project only to provide a true costing of your plans!
When we receive your plans we will be in touch to discuss your project and the fee associated with your project.
What a great way to start a relationship based in even ground!